Friday, October 7, 2016

October TBR!


Hi everyone!

Wow, can you believe it's October already? I feel like I barely read anything all month, and that time flew by. Oh wait, I barely read anything, so that's probably why. October is my favourite month for a variety of reasons (weather gets crisp, trees change colour, my birthday, stylish jackets/boots/hats, SO MANY BOOKS COMING OUT, warm drinks, etc.), so I'm very much looking forward to it!

So...last TBR I said I would read 6 books. I made it through 3, plus an additional one that wasn't on it, for a total of 4. Meaning...this TBR may feature repeats from the last TBR. BUT it will be much more realistic since I have a much better sense of how much time I have this month to read. See? Progress. Plus I'll add in some book musings posts too, just for fun! (By the way, any suggestions for posts on bookish things? I have a few in mind, but not nearly enough...)

So, without further ado, here are the books on my October TBR:




Untitled Beauty by C.E. Wilson: I have an ARC of this, and I just started it yesterday! The dystopian world this novel is set in is downright scary...I would never want society to become like that, ever!


This Night Sucks by Elizabeth J. M. Walker: a copy from the author! This definitely sounds like a great read, and it's super quick to read too!

In Restless Dreams by Wren Handman: another review request from the author! This one's about the fae, which I'm looking forward to :)



Moonlight War (Act 1) by William Collins: I just finished up A Darker Shade of Sorcery, and was pleased to get the second instalment of the series!









The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine: I SERIOUSLY NEED TO READ THIS BOOK. I said I would read it last month. And the month before that. And the month before that. Argh! I feel so bad that I've been neglecting it, but between life and author ARCs, it's just taken a backseat. I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY >.<











And that's my TBR for October...whether or not I actually get through all of these will be another story (and potentially another post...we'll see!). What about you guys? What's on your TBR? Any of these? Let me know!


12 comments:

  1. Wow, so many arcs this month!!! Enjoy them! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you ^.^ I just hope I get through them all!

      Delete
  2. I just did my own TBR list for this month! Let's see if both of us can complete them :D I need to read The Shadow Queen too; I love getting ARCs but it does get in the way of getting through our TBR lists!

    Sinead @ Less Reality More Books
    http://lessrealitymorebooks.blogspot.ie/2016/10/october-tbr.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree--I have so many eARCs, but at the same time, there are so many books on my TBR pile I'm trying to read before the end of the year! It's really hard....

      Delete
  3. Great TBR, I cannot wait to see your review of The Shadow Queen and I hope you manage to read all of them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just finished The Shadow Queen, and it absolutely amazing! My review of it is coming out this Saturday :)

      Delete
  4. October FTW. :D Happy birthday, whenever yours hits, by the way!

    I see you just reviewed Untitled Beauty, so you've already got one down. This Night Sucks has a great title lmao. I love the cover (and title) for In Restless Dreams! And fae are always fun. :)

    I've been meaning to start a new series for a lonnnnng time now. I just can't decide what to try out. I should just dive in - I'm missing out on so many amazing reads being picky like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you! I actually binged read 4 of those books this weekend, so I'm happy to say it looks like I'll be on track with my TBR this month!

      Delete
  5. The Shadow Queen sounds really great. I hope you love all of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just finished The Shadow Queen, and it was fantastic. I hope you'll get a chance to pick it up one of these days!

      Delete
  6. I see you already reviewed almost all of the books on your October TBR! Wow, you're fast :D
    I've been wanting to read The Shadow Queen every since it came out... and still haven't '^^
    I'm glad to see you loved it (:
    Sorry for being MIA lately. Who knew starting working would be so time consuming (?) '^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I actually sat down for one weekend and just read everything I had. But I have a feeling that come November, and NaNoWriMo, I'm not going to be able to cleave through even a quarter of my TBR pile...which means I might be MIA too *gulps*

      Delete