Monday, August 10, 2015

Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag

Hi guys! I was tagged by Things Lucy Reads to do this! Thank you very much! :)

Here we go!

1. Best book you've read so far in 2015.


That has to be one of the hardest questions of all times. I mean, there are just so many books to choose from! I've read so much, I can barely remember whether I read them this year or last year or the year before...

2. Best sequel you've read in 2015.

Ensnared by A. G. Howard. That counts as a sequel, right? Sort of?


3. New release you haven't read yet, but want to.


I'm STILL trying to get my hands on a copy of A Court of Thorn and Roses by Sarah J. Maas and also An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir.


4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year


The Iron Warrior by Julie Kagawa. I've been sitting in agony for these past two years, and it isn't funny.


5. Biggest disappointment.


Miss Mayhem by Rachel Hawkins. I'm sorry, but it just didn't live up to my expectations.

6. Biggest surprise.

Sisters of Blood and Spirit by Kady Cross. I loved her other series, yet I was hesitant on reading about ghosts. Biggest regret, because I never should have doubted her works!

7. Favourite new author (debut or new to you).


Melinda Salisbury, author of The Sin Eater's Daughter.

8. Newest fictional crush.


More like latest! Currently, it's Roth from Jennifer L. Armentrout's Every Last Breath. Bad-boy syndrome at work once again.

9. Newest favourite character.

That's going to have to Simon, from Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli! I literally just finished this book, and it's phenomenal, and Simon is awesome!

10. Book that made you cry.


Ack, let's not talk about that...all the feels...

11. Book that made you happy.


Again, I'm going with Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. That was one extremely heart-warming and feel-good book! I haven't felt so happy reading like that for a while!

12. Favourite book to film adaptation you saw this year.

I've only seen Insurgent, so...


13. Favourite review you've written this year


Crash by Eve Silver. That was one big downpour of emotions. I died. Review is here.


14. Most beautiful book you've bought this year.


Hmm, that's a hard question. As great as I've been buying books, none of the covers have really struck out to me as "the one and only." Though if I get my hands on a copy of A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray, that might take the prize.

15. What book/books do you need to read by the end of the year?


My list is WAY too long. Like, seriously. You won't believe how long it is. So. Freaking. Long. Just my to-read stack of books sitting on my floor right now...yeah. You get the picture.


And that's it! What are your thoughts? Any books I should check out? Let me know :)

2 comments:

  1. Haven't heard of these books you listed, but I'm totally checking these out because of such positive thoughts you have for them, Erika! :D

    And oooh, how's Insurgent? My friends told me it wasn't good as the book. They liked Divergent better than Insurgent because Divergent confers mostly on the book. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I hope it'll live to my expectations. Haha!

    xx,
    Fiona of A Girl Between the Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Fiona! Insurgent didn't quite follow the book as well as Divergent did, but I think it was still pretty good. Or it could just be me in love with Theo James <3

      Delete