Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day!

Ah, Valentine's Day. Quotes like "love is in the air" and "I love you." 

Funny. Want to know what the word quote entails? Nine times of ten it comes from a book. Want to know what else comes from books?

Hot fictional characters.

Really, now, did you think I wouldn't compose a list of my top book boyfriends? Of course I would. It's Valentine's Day, and there is nothing better than going out on a date with your bae. Aka favorite fictional boyfriend(s). The only issue with multiple ones is choosing who to go out with first, because there are so many.

So, here are my dates, in no particular order...

1. Jackson Tate (Rush by Eve Silver). Because. He. Is. So. Hot.

2. Ash (The Iron King by Julie Kagawa). Strong, silent, broody. Again, hot. Or, if you see it, cold, as he's the Winter prince. Either way, he gets my ever-lasting love.

3. Cadan (Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton). A demonic reaper who chooses good? A hot demonic reaper who chooses good plus makes kind, sincere comments? DONE. Consider my heart melted.

4. Puck (The Iron King by Julie Kagawa). He who makes me smile and laugh and have fun  is forever my love. Forever.

5. Quinn (Defiance by C. J. Redwine). QUINNNNNN, MY BABY. PLEASE BE MY VALENTINE???

6. Daemon Black (Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout). He starts out a jerk, but it turns out he's a jerk to pretty much everyone. But then he becomes the biggest protective jerk ever known to earth, especially for his loved ones. Adorable. I want him.

7. James "Jem" Carstairs (Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare). Jem, my Jem. He's sweet, the perfect gentleman, modest, plays the violin, everything. How could you not love him?

8. Morpheus (Splintered by A. G. Howard). Seductive Nethering, whispering things that make you shiver in your ear? My heart has officially been stolen, for better or worse.

9. William Herondale (Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare). Tormented, rebellious lost soul. Let me ease your pain and have a conversation about books with you.

10. Jasper Renn (The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross). Let's just leave it at the fact that he's an "American Cowboy" in England (not actually a cowboy, but the people in England call him that), and is quite handy with a gun. And he loves people enough to willingly get blackmailed.

What have I noticed with all my dates? They all can fight/handle a weapon (see: bad-ass), and not one of is 100% normal human. What does that mean?

"Erika, you need help. Serious help."

And I totally agree. Because having this many boyfriends is clearly not healthy. But you know, I'm not exactly cheating on them if they're in different books...well, most of them aren't...

And, because I am a idiot, I'm going to throw in a video game character or two.

1. Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII). The ultimate silent, brooding guy with freaking awesome sword skills. Who also harbours guilt issues (he's not to blame, yet he blames himself) and JUST LET ME LOVE YOU AND HELP YOU OVERCOME IT.
2. Riku (Kingdom Hearts). Who initially chose darkness, but realized it was the wrong path and risked everything to choose light. And as such, he's trying to find a way to stay on the path of light, even with the internal torment and taunting of the power of darkness inside him. That, everyone, is true power. Again, LET ME LOVE YOOUUU.

(Aaand, I realized those two are both Square Enix characters. Oh well.)

Anyways. Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! Hope you all have a great day with your special someone, let it be real person or a fictional person! And if you're an anti-Valentine's Day person, don't worry, because tomorrow is Single's Awareness Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment